Home   >>  About us  >>  Organization   >>  Faculty & Staff
Faculty & Staff

Our teaching faculty comprises over 200 staff members. Around 60% of our academic staff consists of professors, with assistant professors and lecturers accounting for the remaining 40%. The great majority of our staff holds a graduate degree, including some 100 staff members who have a doctorate degree.

About one third of our staff have educational or employment experiences outside China. To meet the demand for greater internationalization, we have increased effort in training faculty members to teach medical courses in English. In the past few years, some 200 of our lecturers have participated in intensive training of teaching medical curriculums in English. Meanwhile, over 60 lecturers of various levels were sent to prestigious international institutions for continued education, including Harvard University, Stanford University, Cambridge University, University of London and the University of Manitoba.

There are currently over 30 international faculty and staff members in our College, and this number is quickly increasing. Additionally, based on the need for English language learning at SUMC, we have actively recruited foreign experts for teaching general or professional English. We have also retained international staff for management work. In brief, international specialists have come to teach, carry out research or engage in management or advisory activities at SUMC for a short or long term.

We encourage our faculty to regularly attend advanced lectures and seminars, and to participate in continuing education programs. In recent years, we have invited renowned domestic and international experts for seminars, lectures and academic exchanges, including experts from the United States National Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Sciences, as well as many world-renowned scientists and experts in various research fields.

 

Contact details and map

 

SUMC central campus

Shantou University Medical College

No. 22 Xinling Road

Shantou, 515041

Guangdong Province

People's Republic of China

 

SUMC on Shantou University campus

Shantou University Medical College

No. 243 Daxue Road

Shantou, 515063

Guangdong Province

People's Republic of China

 

E-mail:sumcinternational@stu.edu.cn

 

Map & Chinese address

Click here for a printable map and address details in Chinese.

 

close